- Add XMF support into GStreamer (both creation and parsing of XMF files)
- Have a base for XMF sub types (mXMF - mobile ringtones, iXMF - games, interactivity, among others)
- Perform iXMF experiments
- Get to know the GStreamer community, make professional contacts, learn the technologies in question (GStreamer, GObject, GLib, etc)
- Get in touch with the XMF/iXMF working group
I'm glad to say we managed to accomplish these objectives. From the code POV, we have the following plugins:
- xmfmux: capable of creating XMF files
- xmfdemux: capable of demuxing XMF files
- xmfbin: worth-mentioning experiment in which we tested how to perform some iXMF features within the gst context.
It's important to note that me and my mentor will maintain these plugins and keep them updated according to newly published specs. Although they're in a near-stable state, we're in the process of rounding them before pushing to -bad.
Concerning the community, we've held a conference call with key members of the iXMF working group. It was a great talk and they're definitely backing up our project. I joined the group and I may attend to following conference calls.